Providing a Reward for Reuniting a Pet

• Author

I know we all want to help anyone who is trying to find a lost pet.

We have a page on our Fayette Friends of the Animal Shelter website (Fayettefotas.com) dedicated for posting of “lost” pets and we have a page for “found” pets.

Such pages are useless unless people know they exist and use them. Would everyone please encourage your friends and neighbors and Facebook friends to check out these pages and advise us about lost and found pets? (email me for now [email protected] we hope, soon,  to have it possible for anyone to post themselves) and or call (see the contact page on the website) to give us the information to post. We would want to know also if a pet is found or the owner of a found pet is located so we can remove those.

So the question is this: What do members think, in order to get more participation and interest, about offering a $10 reward for anyone who sees a lost pet on our website and connects that pet with its owner?  example: A lost pet is listed. Someone thinks they know where it is and contacts the owner. The owner is reunited with their lost pet as a result and we we offer the small reward to the person who went a little further out of their way to make it happen.

I have someone who will pay the $10 as an experiment so it will cost the club nothing.

Would you please post your thoughts on this topic right here? Everyone will be able to see the discussion on this forum. That is the beauty of forums.

Thank you,

Vicki

• March 22, 2024 at 11:45 am #413

I think offering a small reward for a return of a small pet is a great idea.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.